Corporate Social Responsibility is strongly connected with the principles of Sustainability and creating a sustainable environment for all, company cannot exist alone but is a part of vast system of human capital, values and other organization & nature.T he social responsibility of a business is to recycle the resources back to the world just as it gives to us .
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy of IUP Jindal Metals & Alloys Limited Corporate Social Responsibility is strongly connected with the principles of Sustainability; an organization should make decisions based not only on financial factors but also on the social and environmental consequences. Therefore, it is the core corporate responsibility of IUP Jindal Metals & Alloys Limited to practice its corporate values through its commitment to growing in a socially and environmentally responsible way, while meeting the interests of its stakeholders. As a corporate entity, the company is committed to sustainability. Ongoing dialogues with shareholders provide a valuable approach with an objective that each business decision takes into account it’s social and environmental impacts and plans.IUP Jindal Metals & Alloys Limited recognizes that it's business activities have a wide impact on the societies in which it operates, and therefore an effective practice is required giving due consideration to the interests of society at large.
All CSR activities shall be driven by the core value of Inclusion. IUP Jindal Metals & Alloys Limited shall ensure that all developmental activities/ initiatives undertaken are accessible to the most marginalized segments such as children, women, elderly and those with disabilities. This would reflect particularly in the field of education, healthcare, sanitation, community welfare, skill development, employment generation, infrastructure development, promotion of national heritage & culture etc. Our CSR governance structure is be headed by the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee that is responsible for the CSR projects undertaken. The committee reports to the Board of Directors. Any or all provisions of this CSR policy may be amended by the Board based on the recommendations of the CSR Committee or in accordance with any statutory guidelines that may be issued from time to time.IUP Jindal Metals & Alloys Limited proudly support ‘Svayam’ as its CSR initiative Svayam has been working across India towards making public infrastructure including different modes of transportation, tourism & heritage sites, education & employment accessible to all irrespective of their physical or mental ability with a special focus on the elderly, those living with disability or reduced mobility. The core guiding principles have been:
With the advent of The Companies Act 2013 particularly Section 135 of the Act, IUP Jindal Metals & Alloys Limited is committed and shall undertake any of the following activities under its CSR programme through the Registered Trust “S. J. Charitable Trust’s initiative (Svayam) - Global Centre for Inclusive Environments” or directly to any of the Svayam’s Assigned Projects.
1. Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition in the vicinity of plants with a special focus on women, children, those affected by disability, displacement due to natural / manmade disasters.
2. Promoting preventive healthcare, sanitation & hygienic practices & making available safe drinking water.
3. Promoting inclusive education for all with a special focus on children with disabilities, including opening centers for research in special education / inclusive education & remedial education for the disadvantaged.
4. Special focus on educating the girl child and the underprivileged by providing appropriate infrastructure, and groom them as future value creators.
5. Promoting gender equality, conduct studies/ research with a special focus on women from vulnerable sections, economically backward & those with disabilities, self-help groups, etc.
6. Setting up homes for women, orphans & the senior citizens including special homes for foster care/life care of persons with disabilities in the community.
7. Creating an enabling & accessible environment for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
8. Assist in skill development by providing education & vocational training, coaching for placement in appropriate employment models thereby empowering the disadvantaged sections towards a dignified life.
9. To establish an educational institute to promote universal design & barrier free infrastructure and to impart training courses to access auditors, students of design, rehabilitation, education, engineering, architecture, etc.
10. Ensuring environmental sustainability and ecological balance including preparing communities for disaster management from micro to macro level.
11. Create positive awareness towards the need to adopt measures that lead towards reducing carbon footprints, dependence on fossil fuels and promote alternate energy approaches.
12. Conservation of natural resources by undertaking projects such as rainwater harvesting, plantation drives, protection of fauna and flora, agro-forestry, etc.
13. Animal welfare including establishing institutions for the training of Guide dogs/ attendant/ service animals for persons with disabilities.
14. Protection & Restoration of national heritage and art and culture & making them accessible to all.
15. Setting up of Inclusive Public Libraries, E-Libraries, digitization of libraries, etc.
16. Promotion and development of traditional arts & handicrafts.
17. Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents such as promoting accessibility in their built environments, rehabilitation by aids & appliances, prosthetics, mobility appliances, artificial limbs, etc.